Convert currencies using data from Yahoo! Finance web service.
A simple Plasmoid created using PyQt and PyKDE4.
- Select to and/or from the dropdown list and the converted amount will be updated.
- Change the amount to be converted and TAB or click outside the Amount field and the result will be updated.
- Selected currencies and amount is saved between sessions.
- Refreshing selected convertion when no activity for a user defined period of time.
- Current/last conversion result is shown in the tool tip when docked in the panel.
Because I have only tried the Plasmoid on my own computer you may be able to use earlier versions.
Currency Converter needs at least KDE SC 4.5.
- python-kde4 v. 4.5.4
- python-qt4 v. 4.7.3
Download the newest version. Install the package as shown below where
<version> is the version number appended to the name e.g.
plasmapkg -i ./currency-converter-<version>.plasmoid
If the Plasmoid is already installed you might have to run:
plasmapkg -u ./currency-converter-<version>.plasmoid
- Translations. Currently only Danish translations.
- Check version upgrade process: Is the config persistent?
- Credits label link doesn’t launch web site.
- Dates aren’t localized.
- Send notifications instead of showMessage.
- Better error detection on web service query.
- Create a Currency Converter Data Engine.
- Connect/emit settingsChanged in Settings.
- Show the most used currencies at top of list.
IDEAS (comments are welcome):
- Monitor currencies and notify on change.
- Offer other services than Yahoo! Finance.